EXCEL PROGRAM MISSION & OBJECTIVES
The mission of the EXCEL Program is to recognize gifted and talented students and appropriately meet their unique academic, social and emotional needs, to continue Rockford Area Schools’ tradition of excellence, once student at a time.
We will accomplish our mission by working toward the following objectives:
- Identify students who exhibit unique abilities or potential significantly beyond that of their peers of similar age, experience or environment.
- Provide levels of service to meet the diverse needs of highly able learners.
- Enrich and extend the general education curriculum to engage and challenge highly able learners.
- Discover and nurture the unique talents and interests of individual students.
- Develop exceptional citizens.